Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Quiet Tuesday

Dear Friends and Family,

Sorry for the delay in posting.

Saturday, Mr. mouse and I went to his reunion. It was great catching up with old friends and walking through the old building on campus. But, even better, it was rejuvenating - to remember all of the thoughts and dreams I had in school on what I wanted to accomplish in life. I think it was even more fun than going to my own reunion will be since there's no pressure of jonesing the classmates.

Sunday, we came home to finish up on the kitchen re-model. We added the side island with its butcher block top. It looks great. And, we finished the transition strips on the flooring. The kitchen is fully functional so it's tough to be motivated to finish the details. And, the bang-for-the-buck is minimal. What's left? Paint touch up, baseboards, and a trim piece on one cabinet. Oh, and window treatments. It'll be done this weekend, for sure.

Sunday, we went on a scavenger hunt for Scotts Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control. Since it's supposed to be applied in the spring, all the home improvement stores and hardware stores were out. It's easy to spot for its telltale yellow bag. We found some at the local Wal-Mart and bought two just in case. Applied Sunday night, but it rained Monday night so who knows. Will keep you posted on the results. On a positive note, the rain means I don't need to water my small strip of sod this morning.


Monday, I went to work, came home, ate dinner and slept. No new news.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: