Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mouse Reads a Blog

Dear Friends and Family,

This morning, I want to experiment with adding links to other websites on my blog. What better way than to tell you about a couple of blogs I read every morning?

For the latest in celebrity gossip, which unfortunately, I can't resist, I follow
trent.blogspot.com (aka Pink is the New Blog). For snippets of office humor, there's www.overheardintheoffice.com which updates hourly if you are so inclined. And, for food recommendations I go to The Blissful Glutton.

So, let's see... The second one, which started with www was automatically hyperlinked. The first which is a blogger sites didn't... Where's the integration within the site??? Okay, let's try the link button - hmm... Seems simple enough. Let me try that on the titled one as well...

Here goes nothing. Let's publish the post and see what happens.


Cheers!
mouse


PS: It worked, but the links are only highlighted. I think I'll be old fashioned and try to underline them... Seems to involve adding old-fashioned html tags in the raw file... If it doesn't work, I'll fiddle with it more tomorrow.

PPS: Couldn't resist trying again. Tried adding TARGET="_blank" to the tag. For example: less than symbol a href
http://www.nytimes.com TARGET="_blank" greater than symbol. Let's see if it works.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

hi just thought i'd try this out. i guess i wasn't really supposed to invite you as a member, so I'm learning too. we'll figure this darned BLOGOSPHERE out (uh, now that we know what it IS)