Saturday, March 08, 2008

03.08.08: Annual Exam

Dear Friends and Family,

Mr. mouse and I went in yesterday for my annual exam. And, we met another of the doctors in the office. There are a total of eight of them, and so far, the two we've met are very nice. What's so funny, is that they are so excited for us. I cynically asked Mr. mouse if they see it as a revenue stream, or if they're honestly happy for people trying to have a family.

For so long, I've always thought of children as something bad - that the timing wasn't right, that people would be disappointed, that we would be viewed as irresponsible, that we'd be sacrificing too much. It was all negative.

So, it's taking some adjustment on my part to think of having a child as something anticipated, as something people are joyous about, as something people get excited about, as something people are proud of.

Maybe it's a good thing, the months of trying without conceiving, if it gives me additional perspective and gives me a chance to digest it all.

I've got two follow-up visits. One to get my ovaries scanned since my sister's run in with endometriosis and the the other to get a closer look at a mass that Mr. mouse felt in my right breast. She thinks there's low probability that either of the two tests will show anything of concern, but she figures better safe than sorry.

Well, that's it for now.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: