Tuesday, March 11, 2008

03.11.08: Weekly Weigh In

Dear Friends and Family,

weigh in: 118

Back at goal and it feels good. How can a single pound make such a psychological difference? I guess if it does, it behooves me to make the effort to get there and stay there. This week will be tough, Mr. mouse and I are going on vacation Saturday, Sunday and Monday. And, then, Tuesday is weigh in day. I should be able to manage. It's only Mr. mouse and me.

I think the hardest for me, if I'm going to be honest, is social eating. I don't want to be "that person" - the one who doesn't eat and makes everyone at the table feel bad about eating. I do eat. I eat enough to sustain me. And, I have treats throughout the week. But, I'm come to terms with the fact that every meal isn't a treat meal. Some are only food meals. People at work are okay with it, which I love. And, Mr. mouse is okay with it, for which I'm forever grateful. And, my friends who know I'm on Weight Watchers are totally supportive.

It's the other people. The people who blissfully go day to day, table to table, without really knowing or caring. I don't want to be the one who rains on their parade or denies them their blissful existence. Maybe I'm afraid of the "confrontation" (which, by the way, has NEVER happened, so I know it's in my head) of bread offered at the dinner table and saying no thanks and having the puzzled look or worse the frown or even worse they say something.

What is wrong with me? I've clearly done it before. And, to succeed, maybe, I have to realize, I'll have to do it again. Yes, that's my realization for the day. I can do. I will do it. It will work.

I think I've covered enough ground. Here's a quick update on the "not food" items of the past week of which there are 13 in number: crepes, Hershey's extra dark chocolate, m&m's, Reese's peanut butter pieces, Kashi granola bar, oatmeal raisin cookie, Trader Joe's bread, Ro*Tel, P.F. Chang's Harvest Spring Roll, P.F. Chang's Mu Shu Chicken, P.F. Chang's fortune cookie, Ted's Montana Grill bison meatloaf, Ted's Montana Grill biscuit.

Okay. Sorry. There's more I want to cover. I found a website with a 30 day plan to a healthier diet.



I think I'm going to try it and see how it goes. That being said, it's not enough of a priority to do thirty days straight. I'm going to take each day in order and see how it evolves.

Day 1: Pour a Glass of Organic Wine

Okay. That sounds good. But, since I don't normally drink, I'll be on Day 1 for awhile. I'll add it to my shopping list. And, the next time we pour a glass, it'll be organic. But, it might be awhile. If it's more than April 1, which is three weeks away, I may move onto Day 2 without really stressing over Day 1.

Okay. That's definitely enough ground to cover for one day.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

yum - love it! and i'm totally checking out this link too. i completely understand what you're saying about needing to not feel alienated by your diet. but remember that you are doing good for yourself and you should never feel badly or be shy about that. you've come SO far and should be so proud of what you've accomplished. bread doesn't taste as good as your teeny little jeans feel! ;) xoxoxo