Thursday, March 06, 2008

Bus Crush Confessions

Dear Friends and Family,

One of my friends was in town yesterday on a business trip. We went out to dinner. And, I am still stuffed. Why, oh why, do I do this to myself? Because the food at dinner was so yummy. And, we were talking and enjoying ourselves. And, today, I pay the piper.

But, enough of my belly aching.

I have a confession to make. I have a bus crush (i.e. there's a guy I think is cute who is my morning pick me up when we're on the same bus). Recently, I've seen him in the building a couple of times. I don't know his name. I don't have any interest in learning his name or his personality or anything of the sort. We've spoken once, when I saw him on the train... our train was running behind, we both glanced at our watches simultaneously and frowned, and I asked "think we're gonna make it?" and he said "I hope so, but it'll be tight." That's the extent of our conversations.

He must be a ton of years younger than me. I'm guessing. But, really, I'm no good at figuring ages out. He fits the stereotypical mouse eye candy profile: tall and thin with a high forehead and long lashes and a generous smile. He's quiet. And, he's always reading good books - not junk fiction or newspapers or magazines. And, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Maybe he'll be on my bus today.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

aaah - i love a good bus crush. i think i may have one on the guy who works at the airport bar at national...cute, friendly eyes and handsome and tattoos. sort of becoming trixie eye candy these days. xoxox miss you girlie!