Saturday, August 23, 2008

08.23.08: What Can I Say?

Dear mouse journal,

And, just like that, my month "off" is officially over. This morning, Mr. mouse, 1) didn't hear me and 2) totally blanked and therefore 3) totally skipped on the use of a prophylactic. And, my long awaited break from the craziness of the last nine months is no more. I'm not sure who I'm more pissed at... myself for not saying anything once I thought I had made my point clear, or Mr. mouse for not hearing me and for not keeping this top of mind.

Actually, let's be clear. I'm pissed at both of us. But, I'm infinitely more pissed at Mr. mouse than I am at myself.

We've agreed that we would take next month off instead and that I could have my birthday dinner next month instead. Still, I'm massively disappointed and massively depressed and just plain upset and annoyed that I feel like the next week is ruined. I was so looking forward to birthday dinner and now it's going to get jumbled into September and September isn't my birthday and it's my sister's wedding and I'm just... clearly not coming to grips with any of this.

Watch, with just my luck, we'll end up pregnant, and it'll be a million and one years until I get my break. Great.


mouse

No comments: