Monday, February 09, 2009

02.09.09: Quiet Weekend with the Rents

Dear Friends and Family,

My Mom was convinced it was my Dad's 70th birthday this weekend, so Mr. mouse and I went home to celebrate. Secretly, I'm convinced it's his 71st, but that's a whole 'nother story a whole 'nother day.

Our original plan was to get a new water meter installed Saturday morning and then fly over for dinner. The water meter install person was scheduled to come between 8 and noon and Mr. mouse was really hoping for earlier rather than later. We woke at 8, went downstairs and found... a "sorry we missed you" post it note on our door. No way! Well, it's rescheduled for mid-April now.

Instead, we ran some errands (dry cleaning, library, bread, gas, mail, lunch) and headed to the airport for our flight. We landed just in time to head to the store before it closed. My Dad was feeling tired, so we opted for a quiet dinner at home before he turned in for the night. It was a good chance to catch up with my Mom while Mr. mouse caught up with HGTV.

Sunday, we took my Dad out for brunch. Then, we spent a couple more hours at home, flew back, and hit the errands hard. First, Buy Buy Baby (which we both like way more than Babies R Us) to see what they carried. Then, IKEA to see what a bargain basement crib looked like (perfectly fine) and to return some parts left over from our shelving project (shortest line ever) and to buy a new lamp since I broke my old one at work on Friday (I've got high hopes) and last, but not least meatballs (since Pioneer was giving me the burpies). Next, the supermarket, to pick up cereal and milk. And, then to Borders, only to find that Borders closes at eight on Sundays.

The weather was gorgeous here Saturday and Sunday. And, the piles of snow are smaller. It makes it feel like May will be here in no time.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: Not UTI, but bacterial vaginosis. Common with pregnany women. Antibiotics through next Friday. Lovely.

PPS: Glucose tests came back well within the normal range. Yippee!

1 comment:

Trixie said...

sounds like a great weekend! my friend susan buys for buy buy baby in ny - sounds like a fun store. oh and - MEATBALLS. my fav. i have to head back to IKEA mysel this week. we're getting $1.99 pitchers to have fuji cooler pitcher night at the restaurant - think japanese sangria. yums! xoxoxo