Monday, February 23, 2009

02.23.09: Preparing for Pioneer

Dear Friends and Family,

In case you're wondering, I'm still battling the lingering effects of my cold - runny nose and intermittent coughs. Two weekends, that's a lot longer than my usual 24-36 hours. Hmm...

Friday afternoon, I got home early from my business trip and had a chance to unwind and catch my breath. We used a couple of hours to tour a day care facility. It's not as bad as I imagined it would be. I would be okay with Pioneer going there vs. having a nanny at home. The social interaction looked like it would outweigh the less individual care.

Mr. mouse was torn between starting work Pioneer's room and traveling. Ultimately, we opted for staying in which gave me a chance to get some rest and get a little bit better.

My sister and brother-in-law arrived around 9PM Friday night. And, we headed out for Vietnamese for dinner/late night snacks. Then, we all turned in early Friday night. Or, at least, I did. My sister's turned into a night owl.

Saturday, we made pancakes and started on the big project. First, we hung all of the paint chips and picked a very boring, very neutral, very flexible taupe. Then, while Mr. mouse went to get the paint mixed, my sister and brother-in-law started moving stuff from the room into the basement and I started taking down wall hangings and patching the room.

We cleared everything from the room and spent the afternoon painting. It looks good. Saturday night, we headed out to Due for deep dish pizza and then over to Spring for dessert. They're so good to us there. Mr. mouse and I need to go back for dinner one weeknight soon.

Sunday, we had brunch at Moonshine before loading my sister and brother-in-law into their car. Mr. mouse and I headed over to IKEA and picked up a crib for Pioneer. It's sitting in their room with some odds and ends that's the start of their room furniture. I want to do a thorough floor cleaning before we start moving furniture into place. Hopefully, we can do that on a weeknight, since I do want to start hitting the road before we hit our "no fly zone."

We'll see how it all plays out.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: I almost forgot. B and Chef M came over Sunday night and we watched the Oscars together.

No comments: