Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Mouse Pad Milestone

Dear Friends and Family,

Slow and steady wins the race. And, when it comes to paying down debt or losing weight or other long term goals, I've, fortunately, got the patience and the perseverance (or perhaps it's simply stubbornness) to slowly whittle away at something until I finally reach my end goal. In fact, for me, the journey is part of the fun.

That's why, strangely enough, I love getting the mortgage statement each month. Who in America can say that? Now, if either of us lost our jobs, that might be a different story. But, for now, it's a fun bill to open. Each month, I get to see the payment and how it was applied - how much went to principle and how much went to interest. Then, I get to see the remaining principle amount and how it decreased from the prior month.

Last month, I felt like it was a milestone month. It wasn't a particular number that we hit or anything like that. But, it was an attitude adjustment. It felt like a tipping point, when the momentum turns in your favor and for the same effort the progress increases. It felt good.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: