Monday, July 19, 2010

07.19.10: The Mouse B&B is Open for Business

Dear Friends and Family,

What a wonderful serendipitous weekend. A friend and a tall friend wrote last week about an impromptu weekend in town. Yes! I needed a little light at the end of the tunnel. Last week was a tough week.

We converged in the burbs Friday night and opted to skip on the traffic and nosh on some Korean food before driving in. P fell asleep on the drive home after filling her belly with potatoes, carrots and more potatoes.

Saturday morning, I met Auntie J for a walk through the park and breakfast. Then, we spent the day at home playing with P. I think. Nothing big pops into my head. How quickly the details get forgotten.

Saturday evening we all went out to dinner together. And, then, in a sinfully decadent escape, I sent P home with Mr. mouse while I went out to have a couple of cocktails with friends. I still dream of bacon stuffed dates and dark and stormy cocktails and creme filled cupcakes.

I'm glad we had a chance to catch up, even if it meant Mr. mouse was home babysitting.

Oh, we napped on Saturday. That's right - we all slept the afternoon away. It was glorious. We all needed the sleep.

Sunday morning, we opted to take the bus to brunch, only the brunch place was packed and the rain was coming. So, we ducked into our favorite ice cream shop for dessert and to come up with a plan.

P got sleepy so Mr. mouse took her home and I went out for brunch with our friends. We got back, P was sleeping. Mr. mouse was sleeping. Mr. mouse woke up, I fell asleep. Not the best hosts here. We bagged on the museum and instead sent our friends off to the architectural tour.

We played with P and had dinner in. Then, I put P to bed. It was a nice end to a perfect weekend.

Tomorrow I'll write about the million and one new things our little toddler is doing.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: