Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Consumer Price Index

Dear Friends and Family,

I know in the long run a negative CPI is a bad thing. Bad things happen when CPI is negative. People hoard money because it'll be worth more tomorrow than it is today. And, when people hoard money, everything grinds to a screeching halt. Okay, it's not that bad, but it isn't generally heralded as good news.

On the flip side, for our "retirement" model, a couple of months of low CPI certainly helps the long run numbers. So, I have to admit, for this Friday's June CPI release, I'm kinda sorta hoping for a low number.

That, and I think we're ready to open another retirement account. I think we're what J.D. Power would call a self-directed investor now (whereas we were probably a full service investor before).


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

terracotta said...

ı understand what you mean and I also have had hard tıme in the office and feeling the same way most of the time..

By the way I liked your blog and expressing yourself..