Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chronicling the Toddler Years

Dear Friends and Family,

It never ceases to amaze me that people are utterly amazed by their own kids when clearly every kid eventually figures out the same stuff sooner or later.

Yet, I am utterly amazed by P.

This weekend, she went from a walker/crawler to a walker. She still crawls from point A to point B if the distance isn't far and she's got stuff in her hands. But, it's more a scooching motion than a crawling motion. But, for anything more than a couple of scooches, she gets up and walks. Utterly amazed.

She's fallen back in love with reading. She'll pick up book after book and bring them to you and give you a huge smile and sit on your lap ready for a good read. After you "finish" the book, she'll bring over the next one. Utterly amazed.

When you're carrying her, she'll point to where she wants to go. Utterly amazed.

She's got chomper #8 coming in. It's been almost a month, I just kept forgetting to write about it. And, the stranger anxiety seems to be getting better (or she simply likes our current two house guests).

Sunday, she was full of kisses. I got to feed P her afternoon snack. She ate nearly a full bowl of pasta. And, I got to put her to bed. We read Goodnight Moon together. Then, we read Dear Zoo. Then, I picked her up and she pointed to her crib and climbed in. I patted her on her back until she fell asleep.

Oh, and she made the cutest face while holding her bottle. I missed capturing it because I wasn't fast enough with the camera, but I got a similar picture yesterday in the car.

And, last but not least, we have a couple of new words. Cup. Thash (that is). And, bee beep (car). Utterly amazed.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: