Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Time with P

Dear Friends and Family,

Last night, as I was laying in bed, in the hazy land that is not quite awake and not quite asleep, I realized how quickly these toddler years will go. And, I realized I want to take a bigger part in P's daily routine.

Mr. mouse feeds her dinner. He puts her to sleep. He does most of the diapers. He does half of her baths.

I don't want to look back twenty years from now and realize I missed out on some precious memories. I don't think Mr. mouse will mind sharing dinner, sleep and diaper duty.

But, that brings to mind a larger question. Is living a life where one of my priorities is to avoid regrets later in life a good way to live? Seems like it's an emotionally safe way to live, but in making those choices am I missing out on other potentially more rewarding experiences? Or is the whole thing a crazy paradox at some point?

Something to ponder during my drive in. Happy Tuesday.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: