Monday, July 16, 2012

07.16.12: Half Way Point

Dear Friends and Family,

We're halfway through July.

Yep. In the flurry of taming the to do list and getting through the heat, we're halfway though July.

After the self-imposed solitude of the last month, the latter part of July reintroduces the concept of time with friends and family.

We're going to see my sister and her husband and their new baby. We're going to have dessert with my best friend from childhood. We're going to have friends in town for their annual summer visit.

And, we're going to try making soap. And, we're going to try some new restaurants. And, we're going to watch another auto race. And, life will be good.

In the mean time, new items will creep onto our list... my annual exam, P's eye exam, a new lunch box for P, and I'm sure a couple of additional things that aren't even on my radar.

But, still I'm excited. I'm excited to have time for social activities. I'm excited to feel like I made some progress on my to do list. I'm excited to be enjoying life.

What'd we do this weekend? We did the usual housecleaning, library, dry cleaning, manicure combo of activities.

We had our annual eye exam and my eyes got better, Mr. mouse's got better, but with an asterisk.

We went on a minor league baseball game play date. P had fun. We had fun. The other parents enjoyed it enough to say we should do it again.

We ordered photos for P's baby journal. And, although I would have preferred matte and Mr. mouse would have preferred to color process each photo and find a better one for himself, I'm glad we ordered them. I'm putting them into the journal with corners so if we ever get motivated, we can always improve. But, for now, glossy photos with marginal imperfections is better than blank pages.

We got the ipod to synch. And, we got the printer to print.

I've already queued up August. I'm not going to get overly ambitious with August. I'd like to finish up the baby journal once the photos arrive. Second on the list, P needs a new lunch bag and now's the "season" to buy one. And, last on the list, P wants a new travel bag and now's the "season" to buy one of those too.

I'm also thinking about re-categorizing my "whenever" list and "yeah, right" list into a "takes time" list and "takes money" list. The stuff that's left seems to fall more into those two buckets anyway.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: