Monday, July 30, 2012

07.30.12: Friends in Town

Dear Friends and Family,

Where to begin?

I picked P up early on Friday and she and I ran a bunch of errands together. It was fun, but by the time we got home, she was dragging. Girlfriend still needs her nap.

We picked up library books, including Bread and Jam for Frances, which P was dying to read. We got a library card for P. She was so happy to get one with her name on it. We went to the toy store to pick up a present for her friend. We also picked up sidewalk chalk for P. We went to the supermarket to get milk and got cookies and chicken as well. We came home and drew on the sidewalk and read the book and then P went down for her nap.

We watched the Olympics when she woke up. We had dinner. Our friends got in. Mr. mouse came home. And, although it was close to eleven when P fell asleep, I think she had a fun day. I had a lot of fun spending time with her.

Saturday, I lost my voice. (I've been sick for close to a week now.) The day was a blur of house cleaning and diner and deck and dinner. I think I napped, too, to try and break the cold.

Sunday, I still had no voice. We watched the F1 race. We watched the Olympics. I napped. We had oysters and salmon for dinner. We had ice cream for dessert. I think I napped. I slept early, to try and break the cold.

Monday, I still have no voice.

Oh. I almost forgot. Saturday night, we tried making soap. It's curing and sometime in October I will know if we were successful. It's all a little freaky with the chemical reactions and everything. But, I'm excited to see how it turns out. Fortunately, outside of some noxious fumes, we didn't blow anything up. Note to everyone out there thinking about this: measure super carefully and remember add lye to water not water to lye.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: