Thursday, July 19, 2012

Old To Dos Creeping Back on to the Yeah, Right List

Dear Friends and Family,

Just when my brain thought I was making progress on my to do list, it decided to go and remember more low urgency things that are important to me.

I decided to add them to the to do list recognizing it's more about the journey than it is about ever getting to an empty list.

What got added?

Let's see. On the more immediate list since it's back to school is a new lunch bag for P and a new backpack for P. Those will be my "August focus" along with finishing P's baby journal. Photos on order. Assembly required. And, then, Mr. mouse and I have to add our thoughts to the pages that are filled in with semi-diligence over the past three years.

Then, the longer term list got broken into two section. Takes time. Takes money.

Takes Time
  • annual exam
  • eye doctor (for P)
  • hang P's growth chart
  • find a money market account with decent returns
  • retirement review with Mr. mouse
  • new garbage disposer, ours is broken
  • wedding video
  • set up a will/trust
And, new to the list
  • 1 year old book
  • 2 year old book
  • art scrapbook
  • safety deposit box
Takes Money
  • new air conditioner
  • new car
  • fix Mr. mouse's watch
  • new wedding band for Mr. mouse
I think I'll continue to put together a focus list for the month and if I sign up for one thing or multiple things, it's still progress.

August will be a busy month. That's why I only signed up for one thing outside of the new bags.

I'm very happy with myself even if I have a full list for the remainder of July.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: