Friday, July 06, 2012

Mommy, I Would Like a Doll

Dear Friends and Family,

P wants a doll.

We've been doing our best to provide non-licensed, non-battery operated, non-gender-specific toys.

We knew she plays with dolls at school. We knew she was interested. We went to a birthday party of one of her friends. And, now, she wants a doll. She wants a doll badly enough that Mr. mouse and I are willing to look at getting her a doll - a non-licensed, non-battery operated doll.

Mr. mouse wants to do an exhaustive search... in store... apparently in his mind the feel of the doll is an all important criteria that can't be assessed on-line. I'm not convinced. It sounds like a potential nightmare endless trek through local toy stores to become a doll expert.

Well, I just ordered my leading contender from Amazon. Four of the particular doll in the hopes one of them is wearing blue. We'll see what next week brings.

I know we're not going to buy P multiple dolls so there's some desire to get this right. But, on the flip side, I have no desire to devote the month of July to visiting toy stores every weekend to try and find the perfect doll.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: