Friday, July 27, 2012

Found! National Geographic Guide to the National Parks of the United States, Perfect

Dear Friends and Family,

I went down to the basement to see if it was in a state of complete disrepair since our friends will be coming over tonight instead of tomorrow. Fortunately, it isn't.

Then I started looking at books and thought about how some books are a waste of space. There are the books my Dad gave me that I haven't been inspired to read in over a decade. There are the books we've read once and then shelved. There are books that have pretty pictures. There are travel books which fortunately we've stopped accumulating.

And, that's just the first two shelves!

Then, I stumbled across a book I didn't even know we owned. It's from 2003 so it's almost a decade old. But, it's just the book I'm interested in right now. Why? Because we've been discussing a trip out to the National Parks but hadn't come across any good resources for inspiration.

This book is organized by geography. It's got maps and pretty pictures and day hikes and excursions and it's perfect for planning a trip.

Granted it's almost 10 years old. But, hopefully, parks aren't changing that quickly. And, we can always get deeper into the research once we get closer to the trip. But, it's just the right thing to get us started.

I'm so excited. Happy Friday.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: