Monday, April 08, 2013

04.08.13: Lovely Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

We had a play date on Saturday with one of P's friends from school. P and her friend had a ball drawing with chalk in the courtyard. We had dinner out with a friend and they came over for ice cream afterwards. I went to church on Sunday and then went to try and get my ears to pop.

The highlight of my weekend? We went to the zoo on Sunday afternoon. We went to see Australia first which included emus and kangaroos and wombats and snakes. Then, we went to see the zebras and giraffes. And, that's when P asked if we could go see the gorillas.

We made our way through the South American monkeys, Asian monkeys, and African monkeys before getting to the gorillas. P was enthralled. We stood there talking to the gorilla. P volunteered, Gorilla, I have two hands and two feet, just like you. Gorilla, I have a nose too. Gorilla, I have an elbow too. When I asked her if she was a gorilla she said no, my head is bigger.

Just when my arms were beginning to get tired, she said, Gorilla, I need to go eat lunch now so I'll see you next time. It was so endearing.

We came home. We went to see the space for P's birthday party. I'm very excited about it. P's excited about it. Mr. mouse is excited about it. It should be good.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: