Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Independent P

Dear Friends and Family,

I remember those moments fondly. When P was a baby and she saw me at pick up, her entire face would light up and she'd start crawling as quickly as she could to me. When P was a toddler and she saw me at pick up, her entire face would light up and we'd run into each other's arms. Now when P sees me at pick up, she acknowledges me and keeps playing.

Yesterday, she asked to go out and write her name by herself. She asks me not to look at her. She hides under her blanket to play on the way home. She tells Mr. mouse to leave that she can go to sleep on her own. Somewhere in the last few months, our constant playmate decided she sometimes likes playing alone.

I guess P is growing up. She's also beginning to skip naps which leads to her falling asleep on the way home. And, she doesn't like stories at school anymore, just a hug and a kiss and a wave goodbye.

I'll miss those moments, but I guess it's a part of growing up and we should respect her wishes.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: