Tuesday, July 05, 2011

07.05.11: Discombobulated

Dear Friends and Family,

After a long weekend, we should have our act together, but we don't.
  1. We took a quick trip to Mt. Rushmore over the weekend which was a lot of fun, but also chewed up our long weekend. We flew out Saturday night, spent Sunday at Badlands National Park and Mt. Rushmore. Then, flew back Monday.
  2. I had a crap weigh-in this morning. I stepped on the scale, it was flat to last week. I stepped on again. It went up 0.2 lbs. I stepped on again. It went up another 0.2 lbs. I stepped on a third time and got weigh-in for the week - up 0.4 lbs.
  3. P was a mess yesterday, refusing to nap, falling asleep at 8PM, waking from the fireworks at 11. I was assuming Mr. mouse had nap duty, he didn't realize nap duty even existed. I should have been more explicit.
  4. The house is a disaster since P did not nap, then we chose to dwaddle over the fireworks, and then P woke. It's tough to balance dwaddling and being efficient. One gets stuff done so that you can enjoy life. But, the other reminds you that you need to enjoy life.
  5. We have a concert to go to tonight which I could do without since I'm annoyed it got rescheduled to a weeknight. I need to leave work early. P still needs a bath tonight. I'm sure the concert is only going to throw her MORE off schedule.
  6. For some reason my bank account has the bill to wrong on a new credit card and I need to get it sorted out. Technology is nice, but sometimes it lets me down. Then, I'm annoyed until technology wows me again.
  7. Oh. And, we're on a budget through next week since June was a rough month for us. I have a sneaking suspicion Mr. mouse over-adjusted his tax withholding amounts, but better safe than sorry. Or, at least I keep telling myself that.
Hence, the feeling of discombobulation. I'm sure I can sort through all of this over the week and land on my two feet by the weekend. I just need to take the time to sort through it.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: