Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Less Than a Week and Counting

Dear Friends and Family,

I know when pressed into a corner we always find a way to get to done. But, I just don't see how we're going to pull a rabbit out of this hat.

August 2nd is less than a week away and it seems like the news will be co-opted between now and then unless we can find a solution. And, I want them to find a solution.

Selfishly, I need the economy to pick up if I'm going to either pursue my grand idea or pursue my capstone career move. And, truth be told, I need the economy to pick up if I'm going to retire at all. Otherwise, I see myself continuing on the same trajectory which isn't a bad trajectory, just not the one I would be on if I had my first choice.

And, maybe that's how it happens. We look at others and see where they "end up" and need to remember that so many factors outside of their control might keep them from their first choice. There could be an illness in the family. There could be economic downturns. There could a host of things that add bumps to the road.

But, back to the current mess. I can't see how the current batch of plans is going to come to anything good. My prediction? House Republicans will need to work with House Democrats to pass something that will be palatable to the Senate and the President. It will make the Tea Party madder than mad, but it's the only way I see out of the crazy land we seem to be in.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: