Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Technology Rant

Dear Friends and Family,

Well. I was ready to rant about technology (hence the title) but then Facebook got their act together and fixed their news feeds rather than demanding my cell phone number to log in.

I still want to rant, though, so I will.

We went to a concert last night. And, I'm going to reveal how old I am, I remember a time when people would light their lighters and commune through the particular song that ignited the emotion within. Well, at the concert last night, it was that moment. P was sleeping on my shoulder and I was thinking about all the people I miss - people who are gone forever and people who might never be. And, at that moment Mr. mouse felt compelled to show me an app on his phone to make a lighter - your choice on color.

And, there went my moment. And, I was ticked. And, he knew it. And, now, you do too.

Those moments are so ephemeral. Somehow, even after he put the phone away, the moment had passed. A little bit of the magic was lost. And, that's why I hate technology today - for intruding in on my special moment.

My goal for the rest of the week? Get P back on schedule, get the house organized, and get some rest myself.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: