Friday, July 29, 2011

Continuing the Journey

Dear Friends and Family,

After a month break, we're back in business.

My partner and I met a couple of times over lunch to talk about progress. And, I've begun capturing my thoughts on paper. It's an interesting exercise. Just writing it down forces you to be more precise about what's in your head. And, it spawns additional questions and thoughts.

The primary question ahead of us right now is one I'm sure many businesses need to work through - tax structure and equity framework. What kind of legal entity do we want to set up? And, how do we want to split the investment in the company and the equity/compensation from the company? Neither are glamorous decisions. But, one we need to tackle before we can hire our first employee.

Our first customer? Well, that's easy. Me. Our second customer? That's easy too. My partner.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: