Monday, July 18, 2011

07.18.11: Lazy Summer Weekends

Dear Friends and Family,

Yes, a weekend without any obligations. I know there are loose ends we'll need to tie up this weekend, but it was worth it.

Friday, I took the afternoon off and went to see Harry Potter before picking P up from school. It was fun to have an afternoon off. I had a great seat with the seat on each side of me open. It was my first 3D movie, and I like that it added to the movie without becoming the movie. That's what technology is supposed to do. And, I received a foursquare badge surprise to boot.

Saturday, we went out for lunch (pizza) and then stopped off to buy bread and pick up library books. I filled the pool while Mr. mouse took P on a nap/walk. Then, P took a quick dip in the pool before we went to the grocery store and got ice cream.

Sunday, we swung through the farmer's market en route to brunch (diner). Then, because P was awake, we swung through the park on the way home. We took a longer wade through the pool, played inside, napped and then had dinner before walking to the local ice cream shop for more ice cream.

Before you think I've gone crazy, I've been indulging in sorbet - same cold sweetness at a fraction of the points. I know. I know. There's something about the creaminess of ice cream, but I'm okay with sorbet. In fact, I may pick up the chocolate sorbet that Whole Foods carries. It's quite good.

Last night, I was up because of my nap and some work. So, today, I need to keep a handle on my food so I don't blow weigh-in tomorrow.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: