Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Survived

Dear Friends and Family,

Contrary to what the data implies, we humans can exhibit discipline and control if we want to. And, yesterday was a personal victory for me. One that I celebrate because it gave me a sense of accomplishment.

I went to lunch. I had a Diet Coke (standard drink for me). I ate four chips and salsa from the appetizer plate instead of mindlessly munching. I ordered my steak and broccoli and fruit. I cut my steak in half when it arrived. I ate half my steak with my broccoli and my fruit. I boxed the leftovers. I had a fabulous lunch chatting with my teammates. And, we drove back to the office afterwards.

No excitement. But, a quiet sense of accomplishment. And, a reminder to myself that food can be a social event without it becoming the social event.

For dinner, Mr. mouse grilled burgers and I tossed a side salad. The scale shows nothing criminal this morning. And, I didn't "blow" my points "allowance" on lunch.

Victory.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: