Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Greek Yogurts

Dear Friends and Family,

Lured by the high protein content of Greek yogurt and dismayed by the points attributed to Stonyfield Lowfat Vanilla yogurt in the new Weight Watchers program, I ventured into the uncharted waters of new food.

I tried Chobani first based upon a recommendation of a friend and didn't care for it. I tried the 0% vanilla and ended up doctoring it with maple syrup to make it tolerable. Plus, it had a bunch of ingredients I didn't recognize or care for.

Then, Mr. mouse bought Stonyfield Oikos, but before I could try it, it turned to water in our fridge. I bought another two containers, and by the following day, they too had turned to water.

Then, I tried Dannon Oikos at work, but it had fructose in it which sounded suspiciously like corn syrup.

I was giving up hope. Who has the time?

Mr. mouse bought a container of Fage and I figured I had nothing to lose. I was skeptical because everyone spoke poorly about it. But, in the end, I like it enough to convert from regular yogurt to Greek yogurt. With a little bit of honey, I actually look forward to it in the morning.

Fage 0% plain with a little bit of honey. Breakfast of mouse champions.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: