Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mouse Gets 71 Dora Dimes

Dear Friends and Family,

I was walking outside yesterday and I realized as trying as P can be at times, I'm going to miss this phase in life once we're through it. I'll forget about the fights to go potty and the fits over doing things herself. And, I'll remember all of the fun games we played.

Sunday, on ride out to P's play date, we were playing a game about dimes in the car.

To give some context, we found a dime on the way home from the park on Friday and I told P she could put it in her elephant bank.

On Sunday, she was finding pretend dimes left and right (in her pocket) and offering them to me to put in my pretend brown bunny bank. I can't recall the exact conversation, but it went along the lines of...

P: I have a dime in my pocket, would you like a dime?
M: Okay, I would like a dime.

P: How many dimes?
M: Do you have 5 dimes?

P: Yes, I have 5 dimes, but they are Dora dimes.
M: Oh. But, I would like Roosevelt dimes like the president in Clifford Goes to Washington.

P: But, I only have Dora dimes.
M: Are they pretend dimes?

P: No, they are real dimes. Here, you may have 71 Dora dimes for your elephant bank.
M: Okay. I cannot reach my elephant bank. Can you get it for me?

P: Yeah, sure. Oh, your elephant bank is broken. Would you like a different bank?
M: Okay. What banks do you have?

P: I have a Dora bank.
M: Do you have any other banks?

P: No. Oh. Wait. I have a bunny bank.
M: I will take the bunny bank.

P: I have a brown bunny bank, a purple bunny bank and a pink bunny bank. Which one would you like?
M: I'll take the brown bunny bank, please.

P: Okay, here you go.
M: Thanks. One. Two. Three... (up to 71 as I put my pretend Dora dimes in the bank)

And, that's what a typical car ride with P is like.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: