Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Hypothetical vs. Realistic

Dear Friends and Family,

I've noticed there's a selective phenomena to how my memory works.

Take hand holding, for instance. I love holding P's hand when we walk together. I love the feel of her little hand in mine. I love the bonding and the expression of love that holding hands means to me. There are times that P will walk next to me, holding me hand, and I treasure those moments. I wish I could capture each one of those moments in a bottle and keep it forever.

But...

For every time that we do walk together, hand in hand, down the street, there's at least four or five times that we "walk" together, hand-in-hand, down the street. Sometimes P is hopping, skipping, jumping, tugging, lollygagging, dancing, duck walking, tiptoeing... You name it, she'll do it. And, on those instances, my arm is being yanked every which way to Sunday. And, I know, while she's holding my hand, it's an automatic thing and her mind's elsewhere.

So, while, hypothetically, it's sweeter than sweet can be to hold hands and walk down the street together, realistically, it's not always as precious in the moment. It all depends, do you have walking P or bouncing P? Somehow, I always remember walking P and forget bouncing P.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: