Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Mom of the Year

Dear Friends and Family,

I'll confess. This morning I had sharp words for P. She took an hour to eat breakfast and as a result she was almost late for school. I had to prompt her for every bite with a "food in mouth" reminder. Then, when the food had been in her mouth long enough I had to prompt her with a "chew and swallow" followed by another "food in mouth" reminder.

There's nothing less fun than being a food coach in the morning to a kid who's lost all sense of time. Well, we missed every conceivable bus. And, when we got in the car, I gave her a piece of my mind.

Then, I realized, she'd be in school for the day with those heavy words weighing her down. So, I told her I was sorry and asked why she took so long to eat. I'm not sure I got a good answer, but we agreed tomorrow morning I'd wake her early so we didn't run into this problem again.

I think she was in better spirits by the time we got to school. Mom of the Year. Yep.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: