Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Managing the Budget

Dear Friends and Family,

I keep telling myself that sooner or later I will not mind being on a budget. And, mostly, I don't. But, here's what I've learned for the day today. We went out to dinner last night with P's teachers from her old school. It was our turn to treat, so we did. As a result, today, we have $10 to spend in our petty cash fund. Since I don't have any anticipated expenses today, as long as Mr. mouse doesn't have any large expenses, we should be fine. Here's how the next seven days look.
  • Tue: $10
  • Wed: $40 including $30 for books for P
  • Thu: $40 including $30 for a Halloween costume
  • Fri: $10
  • Sat and Sun: $286 including groceries for the week
  • Mon: $210 including $200 for gas, electricity and water
I know, duller than dull can be, but, I'm not complaining. We spent our way into this, we can save our way out of it. I'm convinced.

Where's the light at the end of the tunnel? Well, either we'll continue to chip at it slow and steady which I'm prepared to do. Or, we can fall into money in the spring. Mr. mouse usually gets a bonus. That will make a dent in this. And, we should get an income tax refund since I haven't been working for two thirds of the year. That will make a dent in this. Or, we'll continue to chip at it slow and steady.

For now, it's just good to know we're making progress. Much as I gripe, it feels amazing, it really does.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: