Wednesday, April 18, 2007

18 Points a Day

Dear Friends and Family,

I've hit a new low in my Weight Watchers journey. With yesterday's weigh in, I am now allocated 18 points a day. I think that's the lowest allocation on Weight Watchers and it'll be what I'm at until I hit my goal weight. Slow and steady wins the race.

Monday, I brought my usual lunch to work and my stomach absolutely rebelled. The lunch was cold. It was uninspiring. It was boring. It was tired. It was unfulfilling. It was clearly time for a change. So, I brought a different lunch on Tuesday to see how it would work.

I packed 3 oz salad greens (free) with 3 oz grape tomatoes (also free) and a lean cuisine (varies but written on the box). I heated up the lean cuisine and tossed it with the salad to make an I-don't-know-what. A lean cuisine salad? It worked. The warmth and the different flavors and the texture and everything was so much better than the fiasco on Monday. I'll probably go the lean cuisine salad route a couple of days to figure out if I can "make my own" (i.e. pack a small tupperware of stuff that I can heat in the microwave and toss with my salad) I think it's the hybrid of the warm food and the bulk salad that makes the combination work for me. So far, different thoughts I have are
  • it needs to have a sauce that coats the salad greens like a dressing does and does the heavy lifting as far as providing flavor
  • I like the carb component so it can't be just protein - so far both noodles and/or orzo are both nice adds, I'm not sure how rice or croutons would work
  • sticking in other veggies, cooked, like mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and asparagus might add additional texture
Just some thoughts as I explore 18 points a day.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

a new low AND a new high, altogether! congrats mousie - you're such a trouper and I'm soooo proud of all the progress you've made. you're such a superstar, love! xoxoxoxoxox