Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tendinitis

Dear Friends and Family,

I realized this week that I'm not as young as I used to be. I hurt my wrist last year working on the cabinet install in the mouse house. And, for close to six months I wore a brace round the clock to hold the wrist in a neutral position.

Well, last month, I was working on adjusting some shelves when I reinjured the wrist. It hurt the next day and then the initial pain went away. I thought nothing of it. Then, recently I had a couple of incidents where I couldn't open the top of my tea cup, I couldn't open an iced tea bottle Mr. mouse closed, and I couldn't unscrew the adjustment setting on one of the machines at the gym. At which point it dawned on me, something's not right. The joint must still be healing.

So, we dug out the brace again. And, I'll be wearing it for god knows how long this time. It's a lovely spring accessory. Hopefully, I've learned to be more careful now.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: