Thursday, April 19, 2007

OMFG - WHAT A USELESS PIECE OF SH!T

I have had more problems with my transitions from old work than I ever thought possible. First is the nonsense associated with my old corporate credit card. I was on a trip just before giving notice and I couldn't file my last expense report before they walked me out the door. This issue is still not resolved. By next month it will impact my personal credit history. I am considering legal action. By the way, getting walked isn't exactly on my list of top 10 fun things to do.

Then was the fun and games associated with rolling over my 401k. The password. What password? The password we assigned after you left the company. Well how would I know it? Well you have to know it. What is the default password? There is no default. How about this password? Nope that was your password when you were an employee. Can you mail me the password? Only if you know the password. Wow. Nicely done.

Now, it's the added bonus of excess contributions. I called close to two months ago to find out the status on it. No reply. No information. Nothing. Current employees get their checks in mid-March. Where's mine? I call again. What information do I need to file my freaking taxes? They tell me if there's anything I need to know they will send it to me the first week in April giving me a week to file my taxes. If I don't hear from them assume everything is okay. I hate them. Okay. Fine. Whatever. No new info from them so I finally sigh a sigh of relief. Then, on TUESDAY APRIL 17TH they mail me an amended 1099-R. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Mr. mouse duly updates all the info and we file at 11:59 Tuesday night by paper because by this point the online site is down due to server overload. It gets better, on WEDNESDAY APRIL 18TH I get another letter from them telling me the amount of my excess contribution and what I need to do to re-file my freaking taxes. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! The train has left the station, boys and girls. It's a little late to be sending me the info.

Why the tirade now? I just got a phone call from the obnoxious HR department on a recorded CYA phone line making sure I understand my responsibilities to fix their frigging mistakes. This covers them if it becomes an issue that they could absolve themselves of any future responsibility by letting me know today THURSDAY APRIL 19TH that I need to redo my taxes thanks to them. Raises the chances of an audit. Potentially incur fees and penalties. Raises my blood pressure. Takes up my precious time. UGH. I knew they weren't calling to be helpful.

I hate them. I hate them. I hate them. (I still like all my old friends, they don't count.)


mouse

PS: I feel better already.

No comments: