Friday, April 27, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mouse Journal

Dear Friends and Family,

I was mulling through all the things I could write about today. I called my grandfather so that could be a journal entry. Mr. mouse and I discussed my sister last night so that could be a topic. There's the new Korean restaurant we went to Monday night that needs a write up. There's my legs which are not as sore today. Then, I realized I have the MOST IMPORTANT entry of all to write today.

Mouse Journal turns one this weekend!


Last year, on a Saturday night, after a long day of working on the mouse house, I remembered that I had an assignment from work. I needed to open up an account and attempt blogging. Nothing like using the product to gain familiarity with it... So, I did, and wrote my first post to the Mouse Journal. So much has happened over the year, and I think I would remember the highlights of it, but the details, the day by day? Never. You can't. There's not enough space in the brain, at least not my brain. So, what started as a take home assignment from work has become an integral facet of my life.

I have a copy of my posts in Word. And, not counting March and April which I'll archive next week, I have close to 300 pages (299 to be exact) of my life captured. Not sure if anyone will want to read it in posterity, but I'll want to read it. After all, it's about my favorite subject. Me.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Congrats Mousie - well done you! Big changes that you've documented in the past year. I'm so proud of you for all that you've accomplished and grateful for how you've inspired me. I always appreciate your advice and attitude, and I really have enjoyed staying close to you this year - through all the new & changing - mostly because of the blogs. :) So hats off and candles out - cheers to you!

xoxoxoxox