Sunday, April 15, 2007

Zingerman's Roadhouse

Dear Friends and Family,

Last stop on our tour in the quest of a free t-shirt.

Mr. mouse and I ordered a couple of oysters apiece for our appetizer. We both love raw oysters. And these were an excellent start to an excellent dinner. For dinner, I ordered a grilled half chicken which came with pinto beans and green salsa. Mr. mouse ordered a burger with a side of red beans. The chicken was cooked to perfection, still juicy and full of chicken flavor. The green salsa was spicy without being too hot and went beautifully with the chicken. I skipped on the pinto beans since I was full. But, I had a couple of Mr. mouse's fries. They were crispy on the outside with a meaty potato center. I had six of them and each one was better than the last. Mr. mouse's burger was cooked to perfection, as well. He had the oh-so-terrible choice of eating the rest of his burger or eating the beans. The beans won. The red beans were just like the red beans from when he lived in Houston. And, the pinto beans were just like the pinto beans from when we lived in Austin. He looked like he was in heaven.

We skipped on dessert since we had gelato earlier. If they had had the carrot cake on the menu, I wouldn't have been able to resist. Fortunately, they didn't, so I was okay.


Overall rating: 8/10

Zingerman's Roadhouse
2501 Jackson Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48103 map it
(734) 663-3663
http://www.zingermansroadhouse.com


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: