Monday, August 03, 2009

08.03.09: Odds and Ends

Dear Friends and Family,

Good morning!

It was a weekend of cramming in time with P and doing all of the last minute odds and ends to get ready for work and daycare.

Saturday, we went in for his and hers wax appointments followed by a quick stop to pick up a sandwich for me and bread for Mr. mouse. It's funny, I started my pregnancy with an egg salad sandwich from a deli in our neighborhood (well, not started, but I had one early on, I remember distinctly). I had one one of my first days home with Pioneer alone (not day 1, but early on, I remember distinctly). And, here I was having one as I return to work.

Then, I stayed at home with P while Mr. mouse went to pick up mail, iron on labels, a second car seat and mirror, and other miscellanea. P was in a good mood for the morning. But, she didn't want to go down for her afternoon nap, so I held her in green chair while she slept. It felt good to pass the afternoon with her even if Mr. mouse would have preferred it if she slept alone.

Saturday night, she slept while I picked out photos to print of the her. And, we must have done other stuff, but I don't recall now.

Sunday, we went to the doctor's office to pick up our forms. Oh, that's what we did Saturday night, we filled out forms! That's right. And, after the doctor's office, we stopped off to pick up sleepwear for P. We picked up a polartec jumper and two sleep sacks. Hopefully, between the two, she stays warm when she sleeps at daycare.

We came home did a quick photo shoot; then, Mr. mouse played with Pioneer while I did one more Target run for bottles and storage containers and photos of P for me to take to work. I tried to pick up more Zantac for P, but that turned out to be a comedy of errors I won't go into here. Suffice it to say it took way longer than it should have, and in the end, they couldn't fill it. BTW, I remember now, I also spent part of Saturday night playing with Pioneer.

We went out for dessert. Pioneer had one more feeding. And, Mr. mouse and I spent the rest of the evening labeling her clothes, assembling her daycare bag, assembling my work bag, and other things to get us in good shape for today.

And, now, I have 30 minutes to get my head in order before we feed P, shower and then run.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: Wait! I almost forgot! There's a host of stuff about P I need to cover. She napped on her back twice on Sunday without incident - hopefully that means she'll do okay at daycare with it. She's cooing like a champ, accompanying sounds with facial expressions. She gets the saddest look sometimes, right before she bursts into tears. She's reaching for the stuffed animals regularly, now. And, she's licking them which seems like just the habit NOT to be picking up a day before daycare. She clasped her hands together yesterday. And, she's beginning to purposefully pat her face and head. (BTW, I love how disproportionate her arms and head are - the former are too short and the latter too big, by adult standards, but it's the only combo she knows.) Sometimes she watches you SO intently, like she's really trying to capture everything you're doing. And, last but not least, the recognition of Mr. mouse and me, it's getting to the point where it feels like she knows us from a line up of adults. Okay. That's it for now.

No comments: