Monday, August 31, 2009

08.31.09: Birthday Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

Birthday weekend! Mr. mouse treated me to the best of weekends to celebrate.

We flew out Saturday morning. Mr. mouse's folks picked us up at the airport and drove us to our hotel. We got upgraded to a suite because our room wasn't ready. Then, we packed the bags and headed out to the ball park. Pioneer had her first train ride and her first ball game. Afterward, we took the train to my Mom's store and headed back to the hotel together. My mom watched Pioneer while Mr. mouse and I went out to birthday dinner. Sunday morning, my mom came over again to play with P. We all went out to lunch together. And, then, she dropped us off at the airport for our trip back home.

Pioneer did awesome on the plane ride out. We fed her as we took off. She played with Mr. mouse during the flight. And, she snoozed on the way down. The trip home was tougher. She was tired and our flight was delayed. We had a couple of squeals out of her, but nothing extended.

Pioneer also did her first train ride like a pro. She just sat in her sling and watched everyone on the train.

The weather was a little iffy. The threat of rain was hanging over our heads. But, it was cool enough with enough cloud cover to not feel like we were baking in the sun. P sat in my lap for most of the game watching the world around her. Then, she slept in my lap until just before the seventh inning stretch. When she woke, we headed under cover to walk the ball park and take some pictures. We figured we wouldn't press our baby luck or weather luck.

Dinner was nice. I did a lot better without P than at our first dinner out when she was two months old. I was able to relax and enjoy time alone with Mr. mouse. We reminisced about childhood dinners with our folks. And, about life in general and life now with P. And, just about random thoughts like we used to. I got tired waiting for the check, but the extra almond cookies our waiter threw in the to go bag made up for it.

P had a less than perfect night. I think she was tired from the day, was hungry a little earlier than normal, and needed to go poopy. She played with my mom for an hour and then cried for a spell before she had her bottle and then she promptly passed out. My mom didn't mind the crying so all was well.

Sunday morning was a marathon feeding/changing session. But, the scale didn't show any huge jumps when we weighed her last night.

And, now we're home. Two days of work and then I'm taking Wednesday off to head out to the ball park. Yeah for birthdays!


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: