Thursday, August 06, 2009

Quick Snippets

Dear Friends and Family,

Here's where we are:
  • I'm beginning to feel the cumulative lack of sleep catch up to me. Napped yesterday during the car ride home. Napped last night before completing our PM check list. Hit the snooze button once this morning.
  • Mr. mouse spent some time yesterday morning at daycare with P and her care providers showing them the tricks of the trade. It's hard to impart via written word, easy to show when you're in the room. We've both confirmed, 4:1 care is not the same as 1:1 care. It has me a little depressed and rethinking the nanny route.
  • We went out to dinner last night since traffic was bad on the way home. We fed P in the car before heading into the restaurant. And, we finally had some alert time with her. Both Monday and Tuesday, she crashed the second we got her and slept through the night. She must have been exhausted. But, yesterday, maybe because we were out, maybe because she got more sleep at daycare after Mr. mouse's visit, maybe because of random luck, we got to spend some time with her awake. I love our baby.
  • Pumping went more smoothly yesterday than Tuesday - I had fewer meetings and I ducked out of one long meeting to take care of it. We'll see how today and tomorrow go.
I'm beginning to look forward to the weekend. I'll hopefully catch up on sleep. And, both Mr. mouse and I can catch up on P time.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: