Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Work, Life, Balance?

Dear Friends and Family,

I made a list. Let's see how far I get down the list in the next 24 minutes before I have to shower...

Commute. Still not routine. P still not great about being in the car seat. We have good days. We have bad days. Sometimes Mr. mouse comes out. Sometimes it's just the two of us. Hopefully each week brings a sense of routine to this before winter strikes and throws in a new monkey wrench.

Pumping. Getting there. Made it through last week. This week, two days down, three days to go. Made it through two days of 6 ounce bottles. Beginning to feel more routine. If I get a morning session in before work, three sessions at work, and an evening session at home, I seem to be good. That means I get to skip one of the evening sessions at home which feels like a luxury. The next three months are the hardest. After she starts solid foods this will get easier.

Work. Yesterday, I picked P up and brought her back to work for an hour or so to get some more work done. We were in a room talking through plans and strategy and stuff and I needed to get her and I needed to be a part of the discussion. So, she had a bottle and her twenty minute up time and some shoulder time before Mr. mouse came to pick us up and bring us home. Hopefully this doesn't become a common occurrence.

Three month birthday. It was P's three month birthday, yesterday! She's a totally different baby from when she was born. Her eyes have opened, her face is more defined, she has eyebrows and eyelashes, she's lost her hairy forehead and grown even more hair, and she has expressions.

This past weekend, she began clasping her two hands together. She isn't doing it often, but it's something new. She's really taken a liking to her swing. She used to sit in it while I ate lunch. But, now, she'll pass out in it for her naps. And, her head control, it's so cute to watch her on her stomach with her head up. Gigantic head, scrawny neck, tiny body. I love it.

Bottles. We're trying 5.5 ounces today. She couldn't finish two of her three bottles yesterday. We'll see how it goes.

Time flying. I read on a website that the first tooth comes in, generally, sometime during the fourth month. I'm not ready! She's growing up much too quickly for me. My baby (while still in newborn clothing) is growing up. She's a full fledged baby now.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: