Saturday, August 01, 2009

Day 15 with Pioneer

Dear Friends and Family,

One chapter closes as a new chapter opens. Yesterday was my last day of leave. Today is the first of our weekends-only routine.

Pioneer and I took the morning to nap and catch up from movie night. Then, while she was having her lunch feeding, my phones started ringing off the hook - my cell phone, then my home phone, then my blackberry. Turns out my close friend from school was in town with his family on a layover from Frankfurt to San Francisco with eight hours to burn. He drove his family down and we met up for lunch. Mr. mouse, wanting to do the sneak-home-to-see-Pioneer lunch visit one last time came home as well.

We all met up for ~15 minutes before heading out to a sandwich shop for lunch. Mr. mouse headed back to the office; we had lunch followed by ice cream; and then they headed to the zoo while Pioneer had her afternoon meal. The timing worked perfectly. She slept through most of lunch, they had a chance to see her and we had a chance to see their youngest, who is already one.

We played for a little bit and then napped again in the afternoon. Actually, she napped and I stayed up doing my second favorite activity - watching a sleeping baby. I must have dozed because the next thing you know, it's an hour later and our day was effectively over.

I took her down to pack her up to meet Mr. mouse at the train station. But, just as I was unlocking the door, he was stepping in. He took her in for her bottle. I snuck out for a manicure. He met me and we went on a nice evening walk. Pioneer ate and then went down for the night. And, we watched some TV before crashing.

She slept until 6 this morning. And, although I'd write more, I'm dying to go upstairs and play with her which says so much right there.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: Although another week would be great, I'm okay with going back to work now. It feels like an inflection point where I'm ready. I don't feel robbed of time with Pioneer (anymore) and I'm confident we'll all do okay with the transition.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

and you're settling into such a nice routine with her, being able to go out and enjoy the summer and the town. sounds like you're hitting a nice stride. enjoy your transition back to work...i'm sure it won't be easy but i know you'll do great. xoxoxo