Monday, October 21, 2013

10.21.13: Fun Fall Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

We had a lovely fall weekend.

Saturday, P went to school in the morning. Then, we went out to the pumpkin patch in the afternoon. P got to ride her tractor wagon ride, and we picked a ginormous pumpkin to bring home. We're decorating it this week for a school project. Then, Mr. mouse will need to drive us and the pumpkin to school on Monday.

I think the easiest thing to do will be to bring it to school in P's baby stroller. Then, I can bring the stroller home on the bus. It looked a lot smaller in the pumpkin patch. It really did.

Sunday, we took P to watch Frog and Toad. We had been preparing all week, rereading our Frog and Toad books. And, to say we were excited was an understatement. The set was gorgeous. The songs were delightful. But, the best part, for me, was watching P.

Her face lit up with smiles and laughter. She giggled when she couldn't control herself watching Frog and Toad cavort on the stage. She looked to the back of the theater to see what was there when the characters peered than way. And, she looked appropriately scared when Frog was alone on the forest and we all knew Old Dark Frog was going to show up. It really was amazing to watch her face. I wish I was allowed to take pictures during the play, but I wasn't so I didn't.

We found a nice Greek diner for lunch and then played at the playground across the street. We got gelato. We ran errands. We ate dinner at home.

It was a fabulous weekend. And, best of all, I revisited my to do list. And, it's never been shorter! Congratulations, mouse.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: