Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Disk capacity expansion error. resize 2fs

Dear Friends and Family,

Yep. That was the message waiting for me when I woke up this morning. Really.

At this point, I'm inclined to do one of two things - deal with it later or let Mr. mouse deal with it. I did enough reading to know that this error seems to be fixed by backing up your hard drive, restoring the hard drive to factory default settings, rebooting your hard drive, and then restoring everything.

I know, I just backed up my data. But, honestly, I didn't back it up "enough" to deal with the above. I backed it up enough to deal with an emergency. There are files I've updated since the back up. There are files that don't match perfectly. It's probably another week of futzing with the back up drive to do a 100% check. I mean, when you go from three copies of your data to one, you want to be 100% sure you know what you're doing. No?

I think everything is working enough that we have options. I don't think we're in crisis mode yet.

I've learned this about our hard drive. When it's working, it's great. But, when it needs maintenance, it takes a million and one years to get it back up to working.

Definitely not something I'm dealing with today.

Today, I'm off to work. Then, I pick P up at school. We eat a snack. P naps. I assess how best to spend my afternoon. We enjoy the evening.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: