Thursday, October 17, 2013

Monkey Hunting

Dear Friends and Family,

My boss reminded me of an article I read years ago about monkeys. In the article, monkeys are things that require thinking or tending to. Most of us go through life with monkeys on our back. Some of us are martyrs and take on more monkeys than we can handles. Some of us are loafers who try to take all of the monkeys off of our backs and try to put them on someone else's back.

Rereading this article, I know why I've been so busy. I've been so busy, because, for the past month, it's been open season on monkeys in the mouse household. I've been trying to remember all of the monkey that have been languishing all around our lives for the past thousand years, monkeys on my back so long I'd forgotten they were on my back, and slowly but surely taking them out.

There's feeding monkeys, which means you still need to take care of it later. There's starving monkeys, in the hopes that they'll go away. They don't. And, there's eradicating monkeys so they're gone for good.

Today, I think I'll try to take out another monkey.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: