Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Little Less Innocent

Dear Friends and Family,

I feel like I lost a little bit of what little innocence I have left, yesterday, at work. I had 15 minutes left to my day and an email about some mandatory compliance training I was behind on. I figured it was as good a time as any to catch up. And, that's when I clicked on the link that ultimately took me to an online class on what to do if there is an active shooter at work.

Yes, I knew it could happen. But, the training came with a rather graphic video. It was disturbing to say the least.

And, now I've thought about what my best route is out of the building. And, I've thought about the need to take off my shoes so I can run faster. And, I've thought about my best hiding place. And, I've thought about things I've never really had to think about.

It's good. It's just not something I had done before. It's sad that we live in a world where this is something we need to worry about. I don't think this is what our Founding Fathers had in mind when they established a right to bear arms.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: