Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Yesterday and Today

Dear Friends and Family,

Yesterday, I blocked out my Wednesdays and Fridays on my work calendar. This should give me some amount of time to work on my new idea. That felt good.

Yesterday, I napped. That felt good.

Yesterday, I cleared off more of the kitchen counter. That felt good.

Today, I have work to do. Today, I have to pick up a present for my nephew who is visiting tomorrow. Today, I need to get P to nap early and then I need to drop her off at a friend's house for a play date. Today, I have my last "big" obligation for school kick-off.

Today, I still want to do a load of laundry. Today, I still want to empty out the dishwasher. Today, I still want to find 30 minutes to work on the house.

The little obsessions that make up my new routine are just that, obsessions. Still, it feels good to be making progress on the things that make me happy. A clean house makes me happy. Sleeping makes me happy. A shorter to do list makes me happy.

Yesterday, I was happy. Today, I hope to be able to do the things I need to do so that I can say the same thing tomorrow.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: