Monday, October 28, 2013

10.28.13: Weekend with Grandma

Dear Friends and Family,

My mom was here this weekend. And, while P had fun, she also told me she wants time with just Mr. mouse and me.

Saturday, she went to her science class. Based on some paperwork I found in her bag, I think they made paper. Then, P went to an art supplies store with Mr. mouse and picked up some Mod Podge, the glue of choice for decoupage projects. She went on a bike ride with Mr. mouse while my mom and I watched the figurative paint dry. I finally decided to take a nap. Then, P came home and took a nap. While P had fun, and Mr. mouse had fun, I felt like it was a waste of my Mom's time to be here while P wasn't doing much of anything with her. Oh well.

Saturday night, we decoupaged our pumpkin. We traced pictures. We colored them. We cut them out. We pasted them on the pumpkin.

Sunday, we all went to church. Then, we took P to a park and to lunch. We came home. I napped. P played outside with my Mom and Mr. mouse. Apparently, near the end, she raked all of the leaves into a pile with Mr. mouse. Then, she said she wanted to nap in the leaves. When Mr. mouse told her she couldn't, she said she was going to her room. They found her five minutes later, in her room, cuddled up in bed, asleep. I guess she was tired.

Sunday night, we watched an auto race, we ate popcorn, we ate dinner, we did some stickers, we opened P's Halloween bag, and before you knew it, it was time for bed.

And, now it's Monday. I have an abbreviated work week with Halloween thrown in there. And, I have lots of odds and ends thrown in there as well. I have lunch duty on Wednesday and a blood draw on Wednesday. I have two interviews and a lunch date on Friday and a play date on Friday. And, we have play-date-palooza over the weekend with one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

One day at a time, mouse. After all, that's how we got through the to do list this weekend.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: