Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Dry Mouse

Dear Friends and Family,

It seems, for the moment, the stars are aligned for me to give up wine and other alcoholic drinks. I've always wanted to attempt it, but have never had any success with it.

I've been a light drinker since starting Weight Watchers since the points add up pretty quickly:

  • wine: 2 points per glass
  • hard liquor: 2 points per shot + mixer liquids
  • beer: 3 points per bottle
I had scaled back on the consumption, opting for club soda at social gatherings. Eight months and forty pounds later, it's become a somewhat amusing conundrum. I've attempted on two evenings to add a glass of wine back into my daily routine. It's one of the options in attempting to raise the HDL. But, neither attempt has been successful. I've tried it after dinner where it feels like a chore after drinking my milk. I've tried it before dinner where it gets me light-headed. So, for now, I'm thinking no more trying. If the occasion comes up, I'll have a drink, but for now, I think I'm pretty much done.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

good plan mouse - no sense trying to pull all the levers at once. also this month's body+soul mag has an article about using cranberry juice - same type of benefits and powers to raise HDL. check it out! xoxox