Thursday, November 09, 2006

Talking

Dear Friends and Family,

Mr. mouse and I discovered a new communication tool last night. I can't say it's the most time efficient, but it gets the job done. We were discussing the job offer, again, and we were getting lost in the discussion. We both had the feeling - do you understand me? do you hear the words coming out of my mouth? what is so difficult about this?

Now, this isn't going to be the easiest to follow...
  • mouse: statement A
  • Mr. mouse: What I heard was...
  • mouse: What I meant was...
  • Mr. mouse: What I heard was...
  • mouse: What I meant was...
  • Mr. mouse: What I heard was...
  • mouse: Yep. You got it.
  • Mr. mouse: reply to statement A
  • mouse: What I heard was...
  • Mr. mouse: What I meant was...
  • mouse: What I heard was...
Repeat as needed.

For example. When are you finishing work today? What I heard was you want me done now since it's late. What I meant was there's something I want to talk to you about and I want to plan time for it this evening. What I heard was there's something important you want to discuss, why don't we do it now, work can wait.

Get the idea? Like I said, it's time consuming, but eventually you're both crystal clear. Last night, it was a life saver.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

I'm SO going to try this...god only knows, we could use the exercise. Thanks for the inspiration!