Monday, November 13, 2006

Loaded for Bear

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm home and I'm prepared for the worst.

This morning, we woke to a cold house. Mr. mouse looked at it briefly and decided it would take more time than he had this morning. So, he was going to come over tonight to look at it. It was 64 degrees inside when I left for work. Keep in mind, I keep the house at a balmy 78 degrees, so we're talking COLD by my standards. Yes, 78 degrees year round.

Well, they cancelled the flight Mr. mouse was planning on taking back. So, we called our utility people with whom we have a service plan, and much to our surprise, they're going to be here tonight between 4 and 10 pm. I guess there's something about leaving people without heat that's a bad thing. So, I'm home, waiting for them to show up.

I have on two pairs of socks, my thermals, my sweat pants and two extra long-sleeved t-shirts. It's currently 68 degrees in the house. If it gets colder, I'll put on more clothes and grab a blanket. It'll be an adventure.

Keep your fingers crossed that it's a simple repair.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: (5:15 pm) 64 degrees: added another pair of socks

PPS: (7:20 pm) repairman just finished - he replaced the igniter... the service plan is the best deal ever

No comments: